Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Nature abounds, too

I know that some of the readership is particularly interested in these sorts of updates. But I'll begin with the end: all is well.

Paul didn't show back up at the group home last night. This is the first time this sort of thing has happened since he moved in there in February. I got a call from the group home manager this morning asking if I'd seen him and informing me of the whole thing.

By this point in my life, somehow I've learned not to worry too much, because he always shows up. Sure enough, someone found him at one of his normal hangouts around lunchtime. He missed two doses of his medicine, so they are taking him in for evaluation. I spoke to him and asked what happened. In pretty typical Paul fashion, it was a little confused, but it went something like this. He missed the last bus back to the home, so he figured he might as well try to either go to Texas or get a job. Somehow, he ended up at a homeless shelter instead, but this morning he figured he would work on getting a job and/or going to Texas. Obviously, he got as far as one of his ordinary lunch locations. Oh well.

The best thing, though, for any of you keeping track is that (a) I didn't spend last night worrying about him and wondering where he was, (b) I wasn't the one out looking for him this morning, and (c) I am not at the doctor with him right now getting the evaluation of the impact of missed doses on his fragile mental health.

I am, of course, spending my valuable time blogging about him, though. Okay, back to work.

1 comment:

Jim O'Leary said...

You are the Blog I look at first thing every day so you aren't wasting your time. I am glad you aren't worrying so much about Paul as you used to, but I know you will never quit worrying entirely. Just as some people are unable to love, you are unable not to love. I don't know anyone who is using her education better than you are. You are not only a good writer but you always have something to say, and like the Mystics, you see things the rest of us don't see unti you show us.

Jim O'Leary