Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Revisionist history


My favorite picture from last year's NAMIWalk is now historically inaccurate, but grammatically correct. Thanks to Diana for taking the picture and Adam for fixing it. And, for those of you who don't know or remember, the shirt was printed (printer's error, not mine!): "Because mental illness is to tough a road to walk alone." And yes, I got free replacements, but not until after the walk. A grammatically-sensitive person's nightmare!

And no, it's not too early to sign up for this year's walk. The walk is scheduled for the morning of Saturday, October 2nd, in Roger Williams Park. You can join the team here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Dana! Glad I could help; thought you might appreciate the following from Orwell's 1984:

"All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary. In no case would it have been possible, once the deed was done, to prove that any falsification had taken place."

We're looking forward to the next walk!

Rachel said...

There's a small chance I'll be able to come walk with you -- I've applied for a job in Cambridge and made it through the first round of cuts, so if I wind up moving to the "neighborhood" this summer and don't have to work that weekend, I'd love to come be part of the team.

Dana L. Dillon said...

Thanks, Adam. Rachel, you are more than welcome. And thanks for getting the donations rolling! I haven't even gotten around to hitting people up (really!).