Thursday, July 08, 2010

I can't resist sharing one other photo, just to help you appreciate something about my journey here. The place I'm staying, I chose both because it was inexpensive and because my friends who have a history here are staying here now. I didn't know how it would work out. Maybe it would be inconvenient or something. Didn't really care. Not important. But, just to give you a sense of things, this picture is something that I walked down the hall from my room, stepped out onto the rooftop/patio, and snapped away.



You might want to notice the dome of St. Peter's, just to the left of the setting sun. Also, you can see the twin chariots atop the towers of the Victor Emmanual monument behind the Forum. It's a dang good view!

(Small note: blogger cut off the monument after one chariot. You still get a sense of the place!)

1 comment:

John said...

wow what a view!

One thing I remember being surprised about from Rome...you grow up with an expectation of what "italian food" is, and most of it is recognizable in Rome, but so many of the dishes at restaurants in Rome are seafood based/inspired, and this was a surprise.

Be sure to have some pizza (very different than american but quite good) and try some beer. Italy may not be famous for beer but I found one at a small pizzeria made in Trieste that was quite good. Dont remember the name though.

Your bro btw in case i cant get signed in.