Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Italy!

So, I leave shortly for Italy.

I'll spend about a week in Rome, then I'll have a wandering 10 days that is loosely planned to take me to Naples, then Assisi, Siena, Florence, Venice, and maybe Verona. Then I'll have 4 days in Trent, where I'll present a paper at a conference. Then a day in Milan. Back home on 29 July.

It's funny. Part of me thinks that I won't blog at all until I'm back. Part of me recalls that I started this blog when I spent a month in Amsterdam in 2006. It was travel that started that need to record, that need to tell the stories. It was travel that inspired the name for the blog.

We'll see which part of me is right.

The odd thing is, sitting here in this moment, in the safety of my own room, I don't know if I've ever been more sure that I would be changed on the other side of an experience. I feel like so much art, so much adventure, so many firsts, so many conversations lie before me. I'm a little scared (the trip is probably on the under-planned side for me) but just very, very excited for the possibilities of what might be.

See you in a couple of days, or perhaps a couple of weeks.


1 comment:

Honeymoon bed breakfast said...

Yes, Italy is full of tourist destinations and numbers of peoples visit there from all corner of the globe. If anyone is planning towards there so try to visiting Florence.
It is one of the beautiful and popular cities. You can find some of the best museums over there (Bardini Museum, Botanical Museum and Casa Guidi Museum) and also stunning cathedrals and churches, attractive streets and squares with elegant buildings and shops.
I’d definitely recommend travelers to take a tour towards this place.